The Immune Boosting Tonic We're Drinking Daily: Jamu Juice
This traditional Indonesian medicine has been around for centuries and it's no surprise why. Packed with powerful roots like ginger and turmeric and ridiculously easy to make - support your immune system the wholefoods way.
There are many different variations of Jamu Juice, most recipes will include fresh turmeric root, ginger, citrus and a little honey to sweeten. This is our version.
- 1 cup fresh turmeric roots (rinsed, not peeled)
- 1.5 cup fresh ginger roots (rinsed, not peeled)
- 8 cups of water
- 4 limes, juiced
- Honey to taste
- Add the ginger and turmeric to a blender with a small amount of water for around 1 minute. I do this in batches so as not to overwhelm the blender.
- Then add into a saucepan with the rest of the water.
- Simmer for 15 - 20 mins, allow it to cool.
- Strain the mixture, add the honey & lime juice.
- Then store in the fridge.
- Then I add pepper to my glass each day to enhance curcumin absorption in the body.
Learn more about the powerful health benefits of turmeric here.
Could you benefit from a guided juice detox? Don’t worry, you’re not in it by yourself - discover our exclusive Food Matters Juice Detox today.