Moroccan Sweet Potato, Lentil & Feta Salad
Lentils are super cheap and one of the most nutritious legumes, high in minerals and help to assimilate protein and iron absorption. But they are pretty bland and boring and can upset your tummy and cause flatulence if not prepared correctly. The most important tip for lentils is to soak them. The longer they are soaked, the easier they are to digest. We suggest 24-48 hours.
Soak in a jar with room temperature, filtered water. Drain and rinse thoroughly before adding to recipes.
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes (1 large) roughly chopped into cubes
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g of presoaked & cooked Puy lentils
- 75 g (3 oz) feta, crumbled
- 2 cups rocket (arugula)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place carrot, onion and sweet potato in a large shallow baking tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, cinnamon, coriander, allspice, mixing to coat well.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender and turning golden.
- Transfer to a serving plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Scatter over prepared lentils and top with crumbled feta and rocket then drizzle with dressing.