Fruity No-Bake Nut Cake Recipe With Dates, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg (Anti-Inflammatory!)
This is a wonderful cake that does not require baking. It contains neither gluten nor dairy products.
- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) nuts and seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 5 fresh dates or prunes, stones removed
- 100g (3½ oz) raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (flower honey is best)
- Process half of the nuts and seeds in a blender until quite finely ground. Repeat with the rest of the nuts and seeds. Transfer all the blended nuts and seeds to a mixing bowl.
- Put the dates and raisins in the blender and run it at full speed until they are finely chopped.
- Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla powder and sea salt into the blended nuts, and stir in the chopped dates and raisins.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup or honey. Bring the dough together with your fingers.
- Press out the dough in a cake shape that measures approximately 22 cm (8½ inches) in diameter, or press it out into six small portions.
- Plain yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- Dark chocolate flakes
- Lemon balm, mint or chervil
- Sour cream
Recipes and Images from The Scandinavian Belly Fat Program by Berit Nordstrand (Murdoch Books)
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!