Fruity No-Bake Nut Cake Recipe With Dates, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg (Anti-Inflammatory!)
This is a wonderful cake that does not require baking. It contains neither gluten nor dairy products.
- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) nuts and seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 5 fresh dates or prunes, stones removed
- 100g (3½ oz) raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (flower honey is best)
- Process half of the nuts and seeds in a blender until quite finely ground. Repeat with the rest of the nuts and seeds. Transfer all the blended nuts and seeds to a mixing bowl.
- Put the dates and raisins in the blender and run it at full speed until they are finely chopped.
- Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla powder and sea salt into the blended nuts, and stir in the chopped dates and raisins.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup or honey. Bring the dough together with your fingers.
- Press out the dough in a cake shape that measures approximately 22 cm (8½ inches) in diameter, or press it out into six small portions.
- Plain yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- Dark chocolate flakes
- Lemon balm, mint or chervil
- Sour cream
Recipes and Images from The Scandinavian Belly Fat Program by Berit Nordstrand (Murdoch Books)