Nutritious Morning Oatmeal
Take your regular oatmeal to a whole new level of deliciousness and nutrition, with warming cinnamon and naturally sweet coconut shreds, and packed with superfoods like hemp seeds, chia seeds, fresh ginger and coconut oil!
- 1 cup Organic Steel-Cut Oats (Wheat-Free)
- 1½ cups Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated Fresh Ginger
- ½ tsp Stevia or another sweetener (adjust to preferred sweetness)
- In a medium saucepan place oats, water and coconut oil.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat back to low.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring as necessary.
- When oats are almost cooked through, add the almond milk, hemp seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut, cinnamon, ginger, and stevia.
- Combine and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- When oats are done and all ingredients are combined, serve and enjoy while it's hot!
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.