Our Favorite Snacks: Sweet Potato Fries
Craving fries? This healthy version is loaded with nutrients and tastes incredible!
Sweet potatoes have a slightly lower glycemic load and glycemic index than most regular white potatoes, so they won’t spike your blood sugar as much. They are also a source of vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and anti-inflammatory compounds!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 340º F (170º C).
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potato into wedges (like thick fries).
- Toss the wedges with coconut or olive oil and spices (except salt) in a bag or bowl. Arrange the wedges in a baking dish, making sure they stand up individually. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy! You can also serve them over a tossed green salad with some nuts, or use as a delicious side dish.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.