Our Favorite Snacks: Sweet Potato Fries
Craving fries? This healthy version is loaded with nutrients and tastes incredible!
Sweet potatoes have a slightly lower glycemic load and glycemic index than most regular white potatoes, so they won’t spike your blood sugar as much. They are also a source of vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and anti-inflammatory compounds!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 340º F (170º C).
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potato into wedges (like thick fries).
- Toss the wedges with coconut or olive oil and spices (except salt) in a bag or bowl. Arrange the wedges in a baking dish, making sure they stand up individually. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy! You can also serve them over a tossed green salad with some nuts, or use as a delicious side dish.
Pantry shelves need topping up with all the good stuff? Shop our staples here .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!