Oven-Baked Peach And Berry Pancake
In need of inspiration for breakfast? Then batter up! My fruity, easy-to-make peachy-keen baked pancake is bursting with flavour, thanks to the peach, berries and lemon zest, and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. Added bonus: you don’t have to wait near the stove to flip it; relax with a hot cup of tea and a good book while it bubbles in the oven, then enjoy it warm, topped with additional berries. These can also be made in four individual ramekins for a delicious warm ‘breakfast custard’, and baked for 15–20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted, for greasing
- 80 g (2¾ oz/¾ cup) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, plus extra to serve
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) almond or rice milk
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) mixed berries, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and grease a 25 cm (10 inch) ovenproof frying pan or baking dish with the ghee.
- Put the almond meal, rice malt syrup, salt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking until smooth. Place the peach and berries in the prepared pan and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until puffed and golden. To serve, slice into wedges and top with extra rice malt syrup and berries.
NOTE: To balance kapha, replace the berries with chopped apple and the almond meal with buckwheat or brown rice flour
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!