Pumpkin Pie 'Cheesecake' Slice
Autumn is well under way in the US and this means it is time to embrace the abundance of pumpkins! Pumpkin pie lovers rejoice! We've recreated the humble old favorite into a healthier treat that is nearly raw, but just as yummy!
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp coconut oil
PUMPKIN ‘CHEESECAKE' LAYER
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup puréed pumpkin (step 2)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- To make the base first, pulse dates, almonds, coconut oil, vanilla, and cinnamon in the food processor into a crumble. Press this mixture into a lined slice tin, pressing down until smooth. Place in the freezer while you create the middle layer.
- To make pumpkin purée, take 1/4 of a small pumpkin, chop into even cubes and steam until soft. Once soft enough, place into food processor and process into a smooth purée. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
- To make the 'cheesecake' layer, place cashews, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves and coconut oil in the food processor. Process until smooth.
- Divide layer in half. Leaving one-half in the food processor and pour the other half of the layer over the base, smooth this and return to the freezer to set for about half an hour.
- With the half of the mixture still in the food processor, add in the pumpkin purée and process until mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour pumpkin layer on top of the other layer and smooth evenly. Return to the freezer to set.
- To serve, remove from freezer about 1 hour before serving and slice while still frozen.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here .