Red Prawn Stir Fry
What rhymes with corn, starts with a p and gets me really excited?
This simply delicious Stir-Fried Red Prawn recipe from my Eat Yourself Beautiful recipe book is the perfect protein-packed meal. Did you know prawns have as much protein as chicken and beef but nearly half the calories?
I like to serve it with a variety of greens including baby bok choy, Chinese broccoli and Choy sum. Asian greens are really high in vitamin c, iron and calcium and are more readily absorbed than traditional greens like spinach and silver beet.
Not only are prawns a beautifully vibrant pink, they’re rich in antioxidants, helping protect skin against sun damage and improving elasticity. And this is, of course, perfectly complemented by the delicious vitamin-rich greens! Hello deliciousness.
Stir-Fried Red Prawns
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) peeled and deveined prawns
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Juice from 1 lime
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) additive-free coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium handful basil leaves
- Asian greens, to serve
- Combine the prawns, red curry paste, garlic, ginger and lime juice in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the prawns from the fridge. Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the prawns and sauté for a couple of minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and basil and cook for a further minute.
Serve immediately on a bed of Asian greens
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!