Tired of the same old soup combinations? Are you in need of something new as the northern hemisphere heads into the cooler months? This is the soup for you!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or 2 tsp ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp finely chopped ginger
- 60g (2 ¼ oz/ 1 cup) broccoli, roughly chopped
- 450g (1 lb/ 1 bunch) English spinach
- 600g (1 lb 5 oz/ 1 bunch) bok choy (pak choy)
- 155g (5 ½ oz/ 1 cup) diced butternut pumpkin (squash)
- 1 litre (35 fl oz/ 4 cups) vegetable stock
- 250ml (9 fl oz/ 1 cup) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes , to serve
Melt the oil or ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and green vegetables and sweat for 3 – 4 minutes.
Add the pumpkin and stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, pour in the coconut milk, then cook, covered, for a further 20 minutes.
Removed from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then purée in a food processor or blender until smooth. Serve sprinkled with yeast flakes.