This dainty salad is a gorgeous, refreshing snack, light meal or post-meal enjoyment that will provide instant refreshment as well as a welcomed hit of hydration and nutrients. Watermelons are mostly water — about 92 percent — but every juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, as well as lycopene and beauty-boosting antioxidants that help keep your complexion glowing all summer long.
144 calories per serve (603kJ)
- 350 g (12 oz/2 cups) diced seedless watermelon
- 90 g (31/4 oz/2 cups) baby English spinach leaves
- Small handful of mint leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 60 g (21/4 oz/ 1/2 cup) crumbled goat’s cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Handful of coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 130 g (41/2 oz/ 1/2 cup) sheep’s milk yogurt
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl, then divide between three wide-mouthed teacups, mugs or bowls. Spoon the dressing on top and serve immediately.
Keep the salad and dressing separate until just before serving, then when you’re ready to eat spoon the dressing on top.
Recipes and Images from 'Fast Your Way To Wellness' by Lee Holmes (Murdoch Books)