The Basic Breakfast Omelette
Would you believe me that this colorful breakfast took no longer than 10 minutes to create?
- 4 organic, free-range eggs
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed greens (we used broccoli, beans & spinach)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado
- Preheat grill to high. Place the eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat the oil in a 20cm (8 inch) frying pan over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook for 3–4 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Place under the grill and cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden.
- Top with any of your favorite omelette toppings. We sautéed our greens with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and pumpkin seeds and topped with fresh avocado.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!