The Basic Breakfast Omelette
Would you believe me that this colorful breakfast took no longer than 10 minutes to create?
- 4 organic, free-range eggs
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed greens (we used broccoli, beans & spinach)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado
- Preheat grill to high. Place the eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat the oil in a 20cm (8 inch) frying pan over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook for 3–4 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Place under the grill and cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden.
- Top with any of your favorite omelette toppings. We sautéed our greens with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and pumpkin seeds and topped with fresh avocado.