Back by popular demand! We've been busy perfecting this recipe for you to enjoy and it's finally here. Gluten-free and vegan, it's a real crowd pleaser.
Baking vegan can be a challenge at first. But you can’t go wrong with this vegan banana bread. Spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, your kitchen will smell like a dream while it is baking. One for the big and little kids!
- 3 medium overripe bananas ( approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax or chia egg (see below)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (we used brown rice flour, quinoa flour would work great too)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare your chia or flax 'egg' as per instructions below.
- Mash banana's in a large bowl with a fork.
- Add to the large bowl, all wet ingredients (vanilla, coconut oil, chia egg, maple syrup & almond milk) and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add baking powder, sea salt, spices and almond meal and gluten free flour blend and stir.
- Pour banana bread mixture into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for or 45 - 60 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm to touch and golden brown on top. (Skewer should come out clean).
- Serve with a dollop of coconut yogurt or as is (warm, if you wnat the full experience!). Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days.
FLAX OR CHIA EGG
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- Add flaxseed meal and water to a dish and stir. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken. Add to recipes in place of 1 egg.