Vegan Banana Bread
Back by popular demand! We've been busy perfecting this recipe for you to enjoy and it's finally here. Gluten-free and vegan, it's a real crowd pleaser.
Baking vegan can be a challenge at first. But you can’t go wrong with this vegan banana bread. Spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, your kitchen will smell like a dream while it is baking. One for the big and little kids!
- 3 medium overripe bananas ( approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax or chia egg (see below)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (we used brown rice flour, quinoa flour would work great too)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare your chia or flax 'egg' as per instructions below.
- Mash banana's in a large bowl with a fork.
- Add to the large bowl, all wet ingredients (vanilla, coconut oil, chia egg, maple syrup & almond milk) and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add baking powder, sea salt, spices and almond meal and gluten free flour blend and stir.
- Pour banana bread mixture into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for or 45 - 60 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm to touch and golden brown on top. (Skewer should come out clean).
- Serve with a dollop of coconut yogurt or as is (warm, if you wnat the full experience!). Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days.
FLAX OR CHIA EGG
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- Add flaxseed meal and water to a dish and stir. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken. Add to recipes in place of 1 egg.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!