Vegan Cookie Dough Bon Bons
Raw, vegan, cookie dough bon bon's may be one of the most delicious indulgences to happen these holidays!
With just a few ingredients, this recipe is super fast, easy and healthy. Even the kids will be able to create them with you! And trust us, they won't even notice the secret ingredient... even the Food Matters Team was tricked (and they approved!)
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp your choice of nut butter, smooth
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 10 oz carob chips (1 bag)
What to do
- In your food processor, combine everything except the carob chips and coconut oil and purée until smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides halfway through.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add 2-3 tbsp of carob chips depending on how chocolate-y you like your cookie dough. Combine well and pinch and roll the dough into balls slightly smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Pop in the freezer for an hour or refrigerate for at least 2.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining carob chips and coconut oil over a double boiler. When your cookie dough balls are cold enough and firm, using a fork, dip them into the melted chocolate and transfer onto a wire rack lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all done and let cool for a while before popping them into the fridge.
- perfect as a pre made gift to have on hand in the fridge
- great as a gift for your children's teachers or a treat to bring to the office party
- easy to make and fun to include the kids with! While the chocolate is still soft, top with edible decorations of your choice!
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.