Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These much-loved Vegan Choc Chip Cookies were a winner in the Food Matters HQ! That rich chocolatey taste, just the right amount of sweetness, crisp on the outside and chewy in the center. They did not last long!
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour, plus extra ¼ cup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ vegan chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax and water and set aside to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Using a hand mixer, whisk or wooden spoon, beat together the coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup on high speed.
- Lower the speed and add in the flax egg and vanilla.
- Add the flours, cacao powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the wet mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chip. Mixture should be sticky enough to roll into balls, if not gradually add in extra spelt flour.
- Roll cookie dough into balls about 2 tbsp of dough each, place onto prepared baking tray and flatten with a fork or your fingertips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to crisp up and cookies feel slightly firm to touch.
- The centres will still be a little soft so allow to cool for a few minute.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!