Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These much-loved Vegan Choc Chip Cookies were a winner in the Food Matters HQ! That rich chocolatey taste, just the right amount of sweetness, crisp on the outside and chewy in the center. They did not last long!
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour, plus extra ¼ cup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ vegan chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax and water and set aside to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Using a hand mixer, whisk or wooden spoon, beat together the coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup on high speed.
- Lower the speed and add in the flax egg and vanilla.
- Add the flours, cacao powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the wet mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chip. Mixture should be sticky enough to roll into balls, if not gradually add in extra spelt flour.
- Roll cookie dough into balls about 2 tbsp of dough each, place onto prepared baking tray and flatten with a fork or your fingertips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to crisp up and cookies feel slightly firm to touch.
- The centres will still be a little soft so allow to cool for a few minute.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.