Walnut Brownie Breakfast Smoothie (Recipe)
This is a seriously yummy breakfast smoothie that is both sustaining and seriously good for you. It feels decadent but know it is doing you so much good!
- Approx. 1.5 cups almond milk (or milk of choice), add more if you prefer a runnier smoothie
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, or about 20g
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao (or to taste, I like my chocolate intense, I added an extra half tablespoon).
- 2 heaped tsp maple or rice malt syrup, or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 heaped tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 heaped tsp raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- Pinch salt
- Leave half the walnuts and cacao nibs aside. Throw the rest of your ingredients into the blender and blend until really smooth.
- Top with the cacao nibs and remaining walnuts.
- I would recommend making this the night before or at least half an hour before you eat it to allow the chia seeds to soften.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.