Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Being vegan or vegetarian at Christmas time doesn't mean you can't have a roast as the centerpiece of your table. This zesty, spiced Whole Roasted Cauliflower will smell amazing as it bakes and wow your guests with its flavors!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ small bunch fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 large cauliflower, (1kg or 2.2 lbs) with outer leaves left on
- 40g (1.5 oz) flaked almonds
- ½ bunch fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In food processor process garlic, paprika, thyme, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice
- Trim the outer cauliflower leaves. Trim away and discard the stalk so the cauliflower can sit flat, then cut an X into the base.
- Rub with the paprika paste, then place in a medium casserole pan.
- Pop in the hot oven for around 1 hour, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place a medium frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the almonds and toast gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden, then leave to cool.
- Once ready, take the pan out of the oven. Scrunch over the toasted almonds, and garnish with parsley leaves on top.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then carve up and serve with pilaf rice and steamed greens, or as part of a big spread.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.