Our Favorite Toast Toppers With The Food Matters Breakfast Bread
Our Food Matters Breakfast Bread is one of our most popular recipes! It's the best to have on hand for a nourishing breakfast toast or snack, and it even freezes well.
This breakfast bread is so versatile! It's gluten-free and packed with nourishing fats, protein and fiber. Top it with our favorite toppings and you'll have yourself the perfect little cafe-style breakfast, packing a nutritional punch.
FOOD MATTERS BREAKFAST BREAD
- 2 cups (200 g) almond meal
- 2/3 cup (85 g) tapioca starch/arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Loaf tin
- 2 x mixing bowls
- Preheat oven to 355º F (180º C) and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in one bowl and whisk the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients together and pour into loaf tin.
- Place the loaf tin in the oven for 30 to 40 mins or until golden brown on top and cooked through. Place a skewer in the center of the bread and when the skewer comes out clean, the bread is ready.
OUR FAVORITE TOAST TOPPERS
Nut Butter & Sliced Banana
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp 100% peanut butter
- Optional: drizzle with honey, or sprinkle with sesame seeds
Fresh Ricotta, Blueberries & Honey
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp raw honey to drizzle
Tomato, Herbs & Balsamic
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Handful of fresh green herbs: parsley, basil or whatever you prefer
- 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Avocado with Sauerkraut
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced or smashed
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds and sprinkle with salt and pepper
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.