Grain Free Gingerbread Men
Looking for crispy, gluten-free gingerbread men to create this season? We've got the perfect grain-free version for you!
Delicious with a warm, spiced, hot chocolate!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
What to do
- Combine almond meal, dates and all of the spices in a food processor. Process until combined.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and egg. Process again until a soft dough forms.
- Remove the dough and roll flat between 2 pieces of parchment paper (about 1/8 inch).
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F (150 °C)
- Cut out into shapes with a gingerbread cutter and place cookies onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.