Grain Free Gingerbread Men
Looking for crispy, gluten-free gingerbread men to create this season? We've got the perfect grain-free version for you!
Delicious with a warm, spiced, hot chocolate!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
What to do
- Combine almond meal, dates and all of the spices in a food processor. Process until combined.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and egg. Process again until a soft dough forms.
- Remove the dough and roll flat between 2 pieces of parchment paper (about 1/8 inch).
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F (150 °C)
- Cut out into shapes with a gingerbread cutter and place cookies onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!