If you are feeling weighed down and sluggish, it may be time for my favorite cleansing drink, which can help cleanse your body and make you feel rejuvenated. I’ve been adding cleansing drinks like lemon water to my health regime for years to help me feel more energized Plus, recipes like this one don’t require a blender or juicer, so they are simple and easily accessible.
This is a simple beverage recipe that takes only minutes to prepare and includes key ingredients for natural detoxification, including lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and ginger. Here are some reasons why we love having a cleansing drink daily:
- Stimulates digestive system
- Can help prevent the accumulation of fat in the body
- Contains antibacterial properties
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps to flush out toxins
- Balances the pH levels in the body
It’s both refreshing and energizing, so give it a try today for the little boost we all need from time to time.
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 thumb of ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- 1 ½ cups filtered warm water
Mix all of the ingredients in a glass jar and shake to mix.
Make it the night before in a Food Matters Jar and drink first thing in the morning.