Quick Dinner Recipes: Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers make for a hearty dinner in a short time! They come in so many different varieties from around the world. We've created a delicious Mexican version!
- 4 red peppers (capsicums), halved
- 1 fresh chili, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Olive oil
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bottle Passata (100% organic, where possible).
- Vegan queso
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a food processor, process together the chili, onion, paprika, cumin, garlic, stalks of coriander and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add in prepared chili paste, peppers, chickpeas and black beans,
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour in passata.
- Stir well, place lid on and simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce slightly thickens.
- Stuff peppers with chilli, top with cheese or our fave vegan queso and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with fresh avocado and cilantro.
How do you reset your body, kickstart healthy habits, and bring yourself back to your natural state of health? By supporting the body’s natural detoxification pathways! You can discover more about the practice and how you can enhance it, here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!