Stuffed peppers make for a hearty dinner in a short time! They come in so many different varieties from around the world. We've created a delicious Mexican version!
- 4 red peppers (capsicums), halved
- 1 fresh chili, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Olive oil
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bottle Passata (100% organic, where possible).
- Vegan queso
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a food processor, process together the chili, onion, paprika, cumin, garlic, stalks of coriander and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add in prepared chili paste, peppers, chickpeas and black beans,
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour in passata.
- Stir well, place lid on and simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce slightly thickens.
- Stuff peppers with chilli, top with cheese or our fave vegan queso and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with fresh avocado and cilantro.