Vegan Coconut Curry Bowl with Tons of Veggies
Nothing transports us to an instant state of cozy-calm like a big bowl of curry. Add the major health benefits of all those spices (turmeric, ginger, lemongrass) and you’ve got an ideal winter dinner.This vegan curry recipe from The Essential Vegan Keto Cookbook is made with traditional flavors but fully vegan — and keto-friendly .
The simple yet totally satisfying recipe features the interesting addition of vegan protein powder to add richness to the broth and punch of protein. Paired with fiber-filled veggies and healthy fat from coconut milk, this metabolism-boosting dish supports every nutrition ambition.
Want more? We’re sharing another vegan keto recipe on the site today — check out these Keto everything bagels!
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts kept separate
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-wide slices
- 2 1/2 Tbsp vegan red curry paste
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into medium dice
- 1 medium carrot, cut into medium dice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp unflavored vegan protein powder
- 2 Tbsp natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 4 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 10 cracks of black pepper
- 16 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into medium dice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more (optional) for garnish
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the scallion whites, garlic and bell pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the zucchini, carrot, coconut milk, stock, protein powder, peanut butter, stevia, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Add the tofu and simmer for 5 minutes to warm through. Add the spinach and cilantro to wilt. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the curry among four bowls. Drizzle one tablespoon of melted coconut oil over each portion. Sprinkle with the scallion greens and more cilantro (if using).
Recipe from The Essential Vegan Keto Cookbook © 2018 by Penguin Random House LLC. Published by Rodale Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.